– Head of Well-Being and Coordinator of Therapies
We are a therapeutic home where we provide an environment that our young people can thrive in. The individualised therapeutic programmes are integrated in to every aspect of how staff work with each of our young people. They are supported by our therapeutic team of specialists and offer excellent continuity of care and strategies. Our ethos of positive reinforcement builds self-esteem and encourages and supports appropriate behaviour. We have a small mini-farm and an equine centre on site where young people are encouraged to interact and work with the animals. This increases self-esteem and improves empathy.
We offer a multitude of individualised therapeutic input to each of our young people. Through Art, Music, Mindfulness, Equine work and having a safe space to talk, our young people are supported holistically to become the best versions of themselves.
On arrival all our young people will have a 12-week settling in programme whilst our Head of Well-being and co-ordinator of Therapies completes social, emotional, behavioural and cognitive assessments, as well as Assessments on Functional living skills to inform the best possible programme, tailored around the young person to cover every aspect of self and development to independence.
Daniela will ensure the right therapeutic supports are put in place for each young person.
At Headstart we can offer:
• Individualised and therapeutically informed short-term goals through our care plans
• An individual behaviour support plan to include therapeutic strategies
• Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
• Mindfulness Training
• Occupational Therapy input into sensory strategies
• Sensory circuits
• Speech and Language Therapy
• Social Use of Language programmes
• Applied Behaviour Analysis interventions
• Lego therapy
• Talk time
• And any other therapy that we believe is beneficial to the young person
We also have within our team
• Educational Psychologist
• Clinical Psychologist
• Occupational Therapist
• Speech and Language Therapist
• Behaviour Analyst